Fairfield Parks and Recreation has the following job opening(s):
- Download our Application for Employment (PDF) [Click to download Employment Application]
- Open the downloaded file with Adobe Reader [Click to download Adobe Reader (free)]
- Fill out the application completely, Be sure to indicate which job(s) you are applying for
- Click the "Submit by Email" button and follow instructions to email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may attach your resume or other documentation to the email.
If you prefer not to use email, please print the completed application and mail it or deliver it, with your resume or other documentation, to
Fairfield Parks and Recreation
ATTN: Human Resources
1000 West Burlington Ave.
Fairfield, IA 52556
Looking for lifeguards, all shifts. We throw in the membership as well. Call us @ 641-472-6159 or email us at email@example.com, or fill in the application above.
Reports to: Recreation/Aquatic Superintendent
Directly Supervises: Aquatic Center patrons
Nature of work
A City of Fairfield Lifeguard supervises all daily activities at the facility they are assigned for the day. The Lifeguard strives to maintain a pleasant, safe and sanitary environment while providing a positive swimming experience for the public. The Lifeguard assists fellow staff members in the operation of extra-curricular activities such as swim meets and rentals. The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Lifeguard assists, supports and cooperates with fellow staff.
- Consistently enforcing all established rules, policies and procedures as directed by the City of Fairfield Recreation Division.
- Adhering to all personnel policies and procedures as directed by the Division.
- Showing respect for fellow staff members by treating them in a professional manner.
- Participating in staff training as needed.
- The Lifeguard strives to provide the best possible aquatic experience for all patrons while maintaining strong safety precautions.
- Enforcing all rules, policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Providing maximum supervision by actively roving the deck, guarding from the most effective location, or following assignments made by the manager.
- Preventing accidents by recognizing potential problems and acting to correct them.
- Giving assistance, making rescues and carrying out the Emergency Action Plan as needed both in and around the facilities.
- Demonstrating professionalism by acting as a role model
- Effectively dealing with comments, concerns, questions and special requests and communicating them to the Managers.
- Administering proper discipline as needed.
- Assisting with water chemical balance by periodically taking and recording result of reagent readings.
- Performing necessary procedures to guarantee proper cleanliness of the facility and surrounding area.
- Assisting Maintenance staff with daily operations and special projects as needed.
- Maintaining communication with Managers and Maintenance staff on current or potential concerns.
- Obtain the certification/s under the job title
- 16 years of age
- Excellent people skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to react to emergency situations
A lifeguard certification course is coming up October 24th. If you are interested in taking this class, please contact us at 641-472-6159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.